OCT 5-7 ▪ HIDDEN STUDIO ART TOUR ▪ STUDIO #1▪ Metal Images, Waupaca, WI
A.R.T.S. Night ▪ Thursday Oct. 11th ▪ Holiday Inn, Stevens Point ▪ 5-8:30pm
$85 PER STUDENT
$140 PER STUDENT
▪ FULL PAYMENT OF WORKSHOP IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE THREE WAYS.
1. PAY WITH PAYPAL THROUGH MY ONLINE STORE AT:
2. SIGN UP AND PAY AT Q ARTISTS COOPERATIVE IN STEVENS POINT
3. MAILING ME A CHECK WITH WORKSHOP DATE TO JESSIE FRITSCH ENCAUSTICS AT 1816 McCULLOCH ST. STEVENS POINT, WI 54481
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH: FOUR HOUR ENCAUSTIC WORKSHOP: $85 3PM-7PM ▪ (2 SPOTS LEFT)
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 29TH: SEVEN HOUR ENCAUSTIC WORKSHOP: $140 10AM -5PM ▪ LIGHT LUNCH INCLUDED ▪ (FULL)
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD MY 2018 ENCAUSTIC WORKHOP SCHEDULE HERE: 2018 workshop schedule.pdf
IF THESE DATES DO NOT WORK FOR YOU I DO CUSTOM WORKSHOPS. PLEASE SEE CUSTOM WORKSHOPS FOR DETAIL.
INFORMATION ON ENCAUSTIC WORKSHOP
WHAT WILL STUDENTS PAINT? WHATEVER THEY WANT.
▪ My artistic focus is on representational encaustic painting. I work from photographs taken by myself or family and friends. I encourage each student to work with their own images and photos. I want students to have an emotional connection with the image they are painting, The essence of art.I encourage students to work with simple imagery. I would advise students against working with portraits when first learning encaustic. Fine detail is difficult with encaustic due to the nature of the paint.
▪ Email me your photos two days before the workshop date so I can prep the images. Please add me to your email contact list so my email does not go to your spam mail. Jessie@JessieFritsch.com. I will communicate through email primarily.
▪ Students are not required to paint their own images. I will provide images for those students who would like to work from my personal images. My images will be available to use at the workshop.
▪ Everyone will learn and paint differently in this encaustic workshop. If students would rather experiment and paint abstractly that is ok too. I am there to provide guidance and a safe work space.
▪ Music is part of my art making process and will be played during the workshop. If you have a favorite musician or style, please let me know and I will add your music to the workshop playlist.
Parking: There is no parking on Michigan Ave. Students can park in the driveway. it can hold four cars. There is also parking in the back alley behind the house. The gravel alley is off of Dixon St. students will have to walk through the large grass backyard to get to my studio entrance. My art studio is in the upper apartment, and my entrance is in the back of the house. Please use outdoor stairs to get into the upstairs apartment. Do not use the front door or lower level back door. Please see map if needed. Download map here: parking map.pdf
Arrival time: Students can arrive 30 minutes prior to workshop.
▪ Cards, reproduction prints, & paintings will also be available at the Art Studio.
REQUIREMENTS AND CANCELLATION POLICY
▪ Workshop spots are reserved and paid though my online store at:
▪ Payments are through PayPal on my online store. If students do not want to use PayPal, they can email me the workshop date and send a check for payment to reserve workshop spot, or students can reserve a spot at Q Artists Cooperative in downtown Stevens Point.
CANCELLATION POLICY: NO REFUNDS. Workshops cancelled with a week’s notice before scheduled workshop will transfer to a future workshop. Friday workshops must be cancelled by midnight two Thursdays before scheduled workshop to transfer. Saturday workshops must be cancelled by midnight two Fridays before scheduled workshop to transfer. Sunday workshops must be cancelled by midnight two Saturdays before scheduled workshop to transfer.
▪ Workshops cancelled with less than a week’s notice before scheduled workshop will forfeit payment, and it will not be transferred to a future workshop. No refunds. Friday workshops cancelled on the previous Friday or later will forfeit workshop fee. Saturday workshops cancelled on the previous Saturday or later will forfeit workshop fee. Sunday workshops cancelled on the previous Sunday will forfeit their workshop fee.
▪ No discounts or refunds can be given for student’s late arrival or early departure.
▪ A waiver must be signed and emailed or mailed to me before workshop starts. Students will not be allowed on the property until I have a signed waiver for the workshop.
▪ Workshop requirements and waiver are available on website www.JessieFritsch.com
▪ My studio is not handicapped accessible. My art studio is in the second floor apartment. Students must climb outdoor stairs to get to my art studio.
▪I am an animal lover. if you have pet allergies please be aware that my art studio has pets in the space. No pets will be in my art studio during the workshop, but service animals welcomed.
▪ I stand while I paint. This will be a standing workshop. There will be anti-fatigue mats for each student. Please wear supportive shoes. If you need a chair, please let me know. There will be an area outside the studio to sit and take breaks if needed.
▪ Please wear proper attire: no flip flops, hair pulled back, avoid loose and flowing tops. Clothing or hair should not come in contact with the heated tools and equipment in the workshop.
▪ My art studio gets warm in temperature due to heated equipment. Please wear breathable clothing and drink lots of water. Air conditioning is provided during summer months.