What I require for payment of a workshop with 4-8 students:
- 8 student limit in each workshop
- 4hr Traveling Workshop: Painting with Encaustic $460-$560
- 7hr Traveling Workshop: Painting with Encaustic $675-$795
- Additions fees for workshops 30 miles out of Stevens Point.
- Supplies and equipment included
Your facility will determine the cost of the workshop for students to make your expenses and commission.
- If a ventilation system is needed I can provide portable exhaust fans. There must be windows near the work stations that I can open to put an exhaust vent in. It will be an additional $300 fee if this portable ventilation system is requested.
- Updated electrical in the studio space. A minimum of two 20 amp circuits required. Multiple electrical outlets required.
- Facility must provide four large table and chairs.
- It is the responsibility of the facility to fill the workshop not Jessie Fritsch Encaustics. I will promote the traveling workshop on my website, Facebook, and at art festivals.
- Signed contract required with 50% deposit.
What I provide: All materials and equipment.
- I provide four Encaustic work stations. Two students per encaustic station.
- Each station has two electric griddles, a heat gun, embossing gun, fusing iron, temperature regulators, encaustic paint, wax medium,sable brushes, palette knives, carving tools, birch cradled panels, hardboards, paper, slick wax, paper towel, gloves.
- Other various heating tools will be available to share within the group.
- Numerous reference books about encaustic.
- Examples of my beeswax paintings.
- All equipment and unused materials are returned to Jessie Fritsch Encaustics.
Traveling Encaustic Workshop Fees and Cost Breakdown:
- $100 workshop prep fee. There is a lot of equipment and set-up involved with encaustic. This fee covers the prep time to pack up supplies and equipment and workshop set-up time.
- I require$65 per hour. Four hour minimum. I have 15 years of experience painting with Encaustic.
- Cost of supplies for student. This cost is included in the above price.
4HR Workshop is $25 a person. Each student will receive one 5x7" or 6x6" birch panel
7HR Workshop is $30 a person. Each student will receive a 5x7" and a 6x6" birch panel.
Extra birch cradled panels will be available for an additional cost of $10 each.
Unused supplies and materials are returned to Jessie Fritsch and not the students or the facility.
- Additional Fees for Workshop
Additional Mileage payment is required if more than 30 miles out of Stevens Point, WI. Mileage is .37 cents per mile.
Additional $125 lodging/meal fee if workshop is more than 100 miles away from Stevens Point.
Additional $300 ventilation fee if this portable ventilation system is requested. I can provide portable exhaust fans. There must be windows near the work stations that I can open to put an exhaust vents in.
download lesson plans below: coming soon
Please contact me at Jessie@JessieFritsch.com or 715-252-4125 to set up a date.